Speak with your Bioheat® fuel dealer about a new, aboveground storage tank, or find a dealer now.
- Upgrade to a new aboveground storage tank for greater peace of mind and reduce the (already rare) chance of a tank release. You could save up to $350 when you upgrade your tank.
- Most aboveground tanks can last for decades; the lifespan of an underground tank can be affected by the type of soil, how often it rains, rocks or construction debris, and other factors.
- Your Bioheat® Fuel dealer can assess the condition of your tank and test for soundness - even for underground tanks.
- Today's tanks are often smaller in size than older tanks (but still hold the same number of gallons).
- All new aboveground tanks - steel or fiberglass - are tested to ensure that they can withstand a severe fire (such as a house fire) for at least 30 minutes without leaking.
- New aboveground tanks may have "double walls" - a plastic tank inside an outer steel jacket, providing additional protection should the inner tank experience a release.
- Single-wall steel tanks may include a "double-bottom" with a leak detection system.
- Tank tubs will protect outdoor aboveground storage tanks from the elements, and offer additional protection from releases.